Rocks are hard. Fight back with with our tough American-made USA steel rear bumpers.
This is our rear bumper designed to fit 1979-88 Shortbed and XtraCab Hilux Pickups, and is built by our heavy duty metalwork subsidiary Locktup4x4 & Fabrication. Made from 1-3/4" round .120 USA tubing and designed with a 4-bolt frame mount system with side bracing. The end result is a rigid bumper that can easily bear the load of your truck with a Hi-lift jack or anchor point anywhere along it's main tube while also having a low profile ideal for Rock Crawling.
A Marlin Crawler heavy duty metalwork company
- NEW! Oversized D-Ring Shackle Hangers on both sides, our most robust design ever!
- NEW! Locktup4x4 Roadrunner step plate
- NEW! We've brought back our classic corner protection vertical uprights that extend protection as much as possible while still allowing the tailgate to function
- This is our original design that was custom built for The Crawler Truck 16-years ago!
- Two intermediate support beams for increased rear impact strength
- Enlarged receiver hitch rear bracket for adding additional towing support beams
- Integrated Side Frame Supports included at NO additional charge on all Rear Bumpers!
- Connects both side wrap-around protection to the frame for maximum strength
- Able to lift the vehicle with a Hi-Lift jack from any point, rear or side of the bumper
- Increased Side Protection Length
- Now closer to the rear tire for maximum body protection!
Our unique receiver design does not interfere with the stock spare tire location nor the tailgate, which was a challenge since we use heavy duty D.O.T.-recommended seamless square 2.5" x 1/4"-wall receiver tubing. Watch out for other bumper manufactures who cut corners by welding multiple separate pieces to "build" receivers not in accordance to government transportation safety laws.
They are shipped unpainted. We recommend using Restoleum spray paint or powdercoat to give it a lasting finish. Also, for most applications, two small body notches are required on the bed skirt below the tail gate hinges to clear our sturdy 1/4" thick integrated frame mount rails.
These bumpers are well made and could in theory tow a variety of trailers well, however, they are not rated and we do not have any weight or tongue loading information. This is a well made Rock Crawler bumper that also happens to be a very nice full daily driver replacement bumper.
Please note we design our frame mounts to have a slight taper for ease of installation. This taper is pulled into the frame upon tightening, and greatly help prevent hardware from becoming loose!
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers
WARNING: Products we sell can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.