Freedom Recovery Gear's 3/8-inch "Light Link Double D" Oversized Soft Shackles are an excellent complement to any recovery gear kit. These shackles have a MBS of 35,000 lbs and are oversized with an adjustable inside length of no less than 9-inches, which is 2-inches longer than typical designs, allowing for a wider range of rigging, adjustability, and ease of fitment. They easily attach winch lines, strap, extensions and other rigging together providing a secure low mass connection. Soft Shackles have an inherent flexibility and can be used where conventional steel shackles will not work like wrapping around a tube bumper or roll cage.
Freedom Recovery Gear "Light Link Double D" Soft Shackles are stronger than steel cable of the same diameter, and light enough to float on water! Our Unique Design featuring "Double" Strand of Premium Dyneema® SK78 synthetic fiber is significantly stronger than other soft shackle Design using a single buried strand.
Our Light Link soft shackle starts with Premium Dyneema® SK78 synthetic fiber based rope manufactured in Canadian ISO 9001 certified manufacturing facility which maintains the highest quality standard and every batch or rope is strength tested and verified before shipping to us. Next we hand tied and mechanically tensioned each shackle in Canada.
The final step to ensure you get the recovery gear you deserve is all of our rope products and shackle designs are sent to a company that specializes in rigging certification and destructive testing on a certified digital test bed. This gives us real Minimum Break Strength or M.B.S. for our assemblies and not a theoretical calculation.
- Extremely high strength
- MBS 35,000 lbs
- Oversized Design allows up to at least a 9-inch connection point
- For example, unlike other shackles, this shackle will fit around a 9-inch diameter tree or post
- The shackle itself is made from 7½-feet of Premium Dyneema® SK78 rope!!
Freedom Recovery's Oversized Shackles vs. typical 7-inch inner dia. shackle
The 3/16" shackle is made from 7½-feet of rope
- Double Leg Design
- Light weight (1/7 weight of steel)
- Abrasion resistant
- Low stretch
- Floats in water
Ropes made with Dyneema® SK78 provide high reliability, safety, and superior service life, granting peace of mind with your safety equipment. Here is an overview from the Dyneema®:
- At least 3x the fatigue life of a generic HMPE alternatives
- Dyneema® SK78 has the highest reliability of any HMPE fiber from day one onwards
- 4x longer rope creep lifetime than any generic HMPE alternative
- 4x longer rope abrasion lifetime than any generic HMPE alternative
- The only HMPE fiber engineered to withstand elevated temperatures, with accurate supporting models to reduce perceived risks
- Of all high-performance fibers, Dyneema® delivers the lowest carbon footprint per unit strength
- Dyneema® SK78 is accredited by DNV GL, Bureau Veritas and ClassNK
- Ropes made with Dyneema® SK78 surpass all OCIMF / MEG4 tests
MINIMUM BREAKING STRENGTH (MBS) IS THE MINIMUM FORCE NECESSARY TO CAUSE A PIECE OF RECOVERY GEAR TO FAIL.
Working Load Limit (WLL) is the maximum working load designed by the manufacturer. This load represents a force that is much less than that required to make the lifting equipment fail or yield.
In line with the Cordage Institute Guidelines CI 1401-19 Recommended Safety Practices for use of Fiber rope, we apply a Design Factor (DF) of 5:1 to our Soft Shackles, Winch Lines and Winch Line Extensions.
For Example, a product with a Minimum Break Strength (MBS) of 40,000 lbs would have a Working Load Limit (WLL) of 8,000 lbs.
Proposition 65 Warning for California Consumers
WARNING: Products we sell can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.