Hello 3rd gen Tacoma owners!
We are getting closer to begin production of our 2016 and newer Tacoma Front Rock Crawling tube bumper and would like to start gathering a list of interested customers! An ETA for production is currently set for this winter. Retail price has not been set at this time.
If you're interested in this bumper for your 2016 and newer Tacoma, please click
the "Notify when in stock" button to be added to our growing list! Thank you!
As more information becomes available we will send short & simple emails to all interested to keep everyone updated as we get closer to releasing this bad boy!Specs are as follows
- Our famous light and efficient tubular Rock Crawling design now for 3rd gen Tacomas!
- Intended tire size: 33" or larger
- It will fit stock vehicles, but the side bars are designed for clearance of 33" or larger tires
- Much lighter than plate steel bumpers
- Can easily be installed by one person
- Oversized 2.00" USA HREW Steel
- The largest and strongest tubing we've ever used!
- Click here to see our HREW Steel compared to a competitor's DOM Steel
- Integrated Winch Mount
- Designed to accept a Hawse fairlead
- Utilizes our classic and popular One-Piece frame brace design
- Increases strength while minimizing installation difficulties
- Side bracing for impact protection
- Eight bolt attachments
- Plugged tube ends
- Final production design will include:
- Wider main tube to match factory fender flares, if necessary
- Longer side tube length to accommodate tires smaller than shown, if necessary
- Attachments for Fog/Driving lights
- Anchor attachment(s) for winch clevis and/or d-ring shackles
- Frame Brace will not restrict radiator or power steering cooler airflow
It will require trimming of your factory front bumper in the same manner of many aftermarket 3rd gen Tacoma plate steel bumpers. In detail: When BigMike designed this bumper, after many ideas he decided to follow the standard practice of trimming the front bumper horizontally beneath each headlight assembly. Full installation instructions will be made available once the bumper is ready for production!
This prototype bumper shown was installed earlier this year and has been driven too and wheeled at trails in Glen Canyon (Utah), Moab (Utah), Barnwell ORV Park (Texas), Ouray/Telluride (Colorado), The Hammers (Southern California), Shaver and Bass Lake area trails (Central California), and the Rubicon Trail twice (Northern California).
As of July, BigMike has over 11K miles of pavement and Rock Crawling with our prototype bumper and absolutely LOVES it! If you're looking for something different yet functional, this could be it. Everywhere BigMike goes he receives compliments on how it fits the truck so well and that it's not "another Instagram flat plate bumper". Marlin and the Rock Crawling industry has been using Tube Bumpers off-road since the late 1990s and it's great to have this option available even for the newest of Toyota trucks!
Below are pictures from the day we first installed the completed prototype! Click each for a larger view.
We will keep this page updated with new information as well as info via our
Newsletter! Happy Crawl'n from your friends at Marlin Crawler!